Blueberry Peach Bread
This easy quick bread recipe makes the perfect banana bread alternative. Using local and seasonal produce gives this bread a delicious natural sweetness. The layers of peach provide texture and moisture to the bread, and the blueberries add sweetness and variety. This recipe is perfect for an after school treat, or a healthy breakfast.
Prep time: 20 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes Serves: 9
2 cups spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the spelt flour, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar to a large mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
- Take one of your peaches and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Discard the skin. In a medium bowl, mash the peach with a fork until smooth.
- To the mashed peach, add the almond milk and the vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir well until a thick batter has formed.
- Add the blueberries to the batter and stir.
- Slice your remaining peach into thin layers.
- Add about half of the batter to the bottom of a lightly greased bread pan. Smooth out the batter with the back of a spoon. Gently add a layer of peach slices onto the batter.
- Add the remaining batter, and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Add a layer of peach slices to the top of the bread.
- Bake the bread for about 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean. Serve the bread warm with some vegan butter or jam for an amazing decadent breakfast. Enjoy!