Chickpea Butternut Squash Soup
The sweet and earthy butternut squash pairs perfectly with the creamy chickpea in this warming fall and winter recipe. This soup is like a hug in a bowl. It makes the perfect meal when you’re under the weather, or chilled by the rain and snow. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 70-80 minutes Serves: 2
2 cups roasted butternut squash
1 clove of garlic
2-3 cups vegetable broth
1 cup chickpeas
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp lemon juice
- Cut a medium butternut squash into chunks and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- While the squash is roasting, mince your clove of garlic and chop your onion.
- Cook your onion and garlic on the stove until the onion has begun to turn clear.
- When the squash is cooked, allow it to cool. Gently remove the skin from the outside of the squash.
- In a food processor, combine the roasted squash, onion and garlic, chickpeas, broth, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, paprika and lemon juice. Process on high until smooth.
- Cook the soup over medium heat until its warmed through. Enjoy!