This recipe is my playful take on the classic chicken nugget. These nuggets replace chicken with healthy chickpeas, cauliflower and sweet potato. The resulting nugget is filled with savory flavors, and childhood memories. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 35-50 minutes Serves: 2
1 cup chickpeas
1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
1/2 cup cooked cauliflower
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp tomato paste
- Add the chickpeas, sweet potato, and cauliflower to a food processor.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and tomato paste to the food processor.
- Process on high until a thick batter is formed. It should be sticky, but not completely smooth.
- Form the batter into small ‘nugget’ patties.
- Air fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, or bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes or until the nuggets have begun to brown.
- Serve with french fries and ketchup, or your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!