Chickpea Peanut Lettuce Wraps
This recipe combines the creamy flavors of chickpeas and peanut butter with the salty flavors of hoisin and soy sauce. The lettuce wraps are crunchy, addicting, and alive with asian flavors. They make the perfect lighter entrée, or appetizer.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Serves: 2
2 medium carrots
1 green onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp ginger
1 can chickpeas
1 tbs peanut butter
1 tbs hoisin sauce
2 tbs soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
Lettuce leaves for serving
- Dice the medium carrots.
- Mince the green onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Pour the chickpeas into a medium bowl and begin mashing them with a fork. Continue mashing until about 3/4 of the chickpeas are mashed.
- Fry the carrot and the chickpeas over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, or until the carrot has begun to soften and the chickpeas are beginning to brown.
- While the chickpea carrot mixture is cooking, you can make the sauce. Combine the peanut butter, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger and green onion. mix until well combined.
- Take the chickpea carrot mixture off of the stove and combine it with the sauce. Spoon the mixture into lettuce leaves to serve.