Pumpkin Lasagna Roll Ups
Nothing says fall like pumpkins! These lasagna roll ups combine pumpkin, chickpeas and sage the create a hearty and flavorful pasta dish. The rich savory flavor and beautiful orange color of the rolls add to the fall feeling. I hope you will give this wonderful recipe a try!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 50-60 minutes Serves: 2
4 lasagna noodles
1 cup chickpeas
1 cup pumpkin
1 tbs nutritional yeast
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp sage (or thyme)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the oven is preheating, boil a pot of water. When the water has boiled, cook your lasagna noodles for 10-15 minutes. Set cooked pasta aside to cool.
- While your pasta is cooking you can begin working on the filling. Add 1 cup of chickpeas to a medium bowl and begin mashing them with a fork. Continue mashing the chickpeas until about 2/3 are mashed.
- Add the pumpkin to the chickpeas and stir until combined.
- Add the nutritional yeast, minced garlic, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper to the chickpea pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
- Lay your cooked lasagna noodles out on the counter and begin spooning your filling into the center of the noodles. Gently roll up the noodles and filling, and place into a glass baking dish.
- Bake the dish for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot for a delicious, hearty fall meal. Enjoy!