Toasted Cashew Date Bars
This recipe provides a sweet, chewy, and crunchy snack with surprisingly simple and healthy ingredients. The combination of the caramel-y texture of the dates with the crisp toasted cashew topping is absolutely heavenly. It’s simple to make and a perfect afternoon pick me up. I hope you enjoy!
Prep Time: 20-30 minutes Total Time: 1 hour Serves: 8
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tbs almond milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dates (plus 2 tbs water)
1/2 cup cashews
1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the rolled oats with the almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Add the dates and 2 tablespoons of water to a food processor or blender. Blend on high until the dates form a sticky paste. Remove the paste from the food processor and set aside.
- Add the cashews to a food processor or blender. Blend on high until the cashews form a crumbly, slightly sticky consistency.
- Line a small glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread the oat mixture into the bottom of the baking dish. Press the mixture firmly with the back of a spoon until you have an even packed layer.
- Spread a layer of the date paste evenly over the oat mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt over the date paste layer.
- Spread the ground cashews over the date layer, and press down.
- Bake the dish for 30-35 minutes or until the cashew layer is a golden brown.
- After the dish has cooled, gently remove the cashew date bars from the pan and cut into bite sized pieces. Serve as a simple dessert or afternoon snack. Enjoy!